Sometimes it’s hard to believe it’s been 8 years since diagnosis! It’s been a long and interesting journey, but I’ve learned so much along the way. Here are 10 things, though, that I still don’t know…
- Whether symptoms I am experiencing are attributed to my anxiety, ADHD diagnosis, bipolar disorder, or a combination of them.
- How long you can stay hypomanic or manic, and what hypomanic truly means, especially in contrast to mania (and yes, I’ve read a lot about it – still puzzled)
- Why people are still so ignorant about mental illness… (venting)
- If my thoughts are due to “symptoms” or it’s just my personality (sometimes I obsess over it)
- If I actually do have ADHD or if it’s symptoms from another one of my diagnosed conditions (diagnosis of that was in high school…)
- If my meds are doing any long term damage…
- Sometimes I struggle with when to stick it out and when to go to see the doc.
- Why it’s so hard to manage my irritability and anger sometimes.
- How do I truly know if my meds are working or not, especially if I’m getting symptoms? Will I always get symptoms, even when on meds, and how do I know what’s just “normal symptom action” and what is a sign of an episode?
- Will their be improvements in treatment for bipolar disorder during my lifetime? Maybe even an answer to WHY?
Do you ever ask these questions, and wonder the answers? Perhaps you have an answer to them? Comment in the Kat Community Below!